Wednesfield History Society will be putting on the following events to cover her majesty Queen Elizabeth’s 11 Platinum Jubilee.
- Monday 30th May at Ashmore Park Library – we will be displaying the Queen’s regnal history from February 6th 1952, through her coronation, and up till the present day. There will be sweets for the kids and competitions to win prizes, also there will be a souvenir programme and badges that have been produced to mark this special occasion.
- Tuesday 31st May – we will be repeating Monday’s event at Long Knowle Library.
- Wednesday 1st June – we will be repeating Monday and Tuesday’s events at Wednesfield Library in Well Lane.
- Thursday 2nd June – we will be hosting an historical walk from the St Thomas Centre (the old library) in Church Street. The walk will be approximately one and a quarter miles and anyone completing the walk will be given a souvenir badge.
- Friday 3rd June – we will be celebrating of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at the Community Centre (in Wednesfield Library) and on the Amphitheater in. Free food will be available plus sweets and prizes for the kids. We hope to have some craft stalls and Wednesfield History Society will have its usual information tent. The event at the Community Centre is subject to Council approval.
If you want to help out in any way, or you are an organisation who would like to be a part of the events, or would like to register for the Thursday walk, then please get in touch with our secretary Jackie Harrison on 01902 259776.